I have a few things on my mind and I need to vent. Some of the following have amused me while others have pissed me off. Others just leave me perplexed with that befuddled look on my face. 😐
So…here goes it:
– Why is the general public, or better yet, main stream media shocked when women who are 40+ years are in shape and look great? This recent media blitz over Jennifer Anniston posing nude in American GQ irritated the shit out of me. I mean, really. When a woman turns 40 she doesn’t fall into some abysmal pit of hell people!!! Well, some don’t. I know I haven’t and don’t plan on doing so either.
– I spent the majority of my adult life wanting to get married and have children. Wondering when it was going to happen and with each birthday growing more and more anxious that time was slipping away thus creating a shorter window of opportunity for this to materialize. Well, no more! I’m at a good place in my life. I’m happy and content with where I am with the exception of a few minor things. The idea of traveling is more appealing than getting pregnant, gaining weight, and pushing a little 7lb human parasite out of my pleasure palace! UGGGHHHH!!!!
This decision was not the result of one of my past infamous pity parties where out of shear frustration and anxiety I threw down the gauntlet with God declaring I was giving up. It came from a quiet peace…a place of calm and knowing. The decision has not left me feeling disappointed or that I’ve been cheated in some way. But what is has managed to do is leave me feeling more excited about the future than I’ve been in a very, very long time. Hallejuherrrr….now pour me glass of wine…this party has only just begun. 😀
– I am thinking about taking on a lover. Yes, you read that right! Hell, I’m a woman with needs dammit! 😉 I am in the recruitment process right now. This little declaration is NOT a request for anyone to submit an application for I am faaaaar too picky to accept one from some random fella.
– Said lover would really come in handy if it does snow tonight. Hrrmmm…Dammit! I need to schedule that bikini wax soon!
– What the hell is worse while having someone live with you: Going to the fridge to eat your left over spaghetti & meatballs and it’s all gone or…. to discover there’s only 1 freakin meatball left? After making pancakes you discover there’s no more syrup or only a teaspoon left in the corner of the Aunt Jemima bottle? Am I supposed to view this as consideration you didn’t eat it all and you did leave ‘something’? [insert perplexed and befuddled look here]
Well, that about does it. What’s on your mind? 🙂